Contest to award $1 million

Bookmark and Share


Baseball season is upon us, and that means that baseball title this year are in full swing. If you have not heard already, 2k Sports has sponsored a contest to award $ 1 million to the first person to field a perfect game in a sports sim documented recently released.

A perfect game, for those of you who do not follow baseball, it means that you do not give up any hits, runs, or walks. You have to retire 27 straight batters. Just to clarify, that damn hard to do. So, you'd expect this contest lasted long enough, right?

Wrong. Wednesday morning, on the Early Show on CBS, 24 years McGilberry Wade, of Semmes, Alabama announced as the winner. "I had to get permission from my wife to play," said McGilberry. Well, I can identify with that, but because he wins, I'm sure he can play more games in the future!

Contest rules required players to play in a specific mode, using specific settings, and they had to record themselves on video playing the game. McGilberry said that 2K reps even checked his XBox 360 to make sure it wasn’t modded before they awarded the prize.

I wasn’t likely to be a factor in this contest anyway, but it’s pretty amazing to me that McGilberry pulled it off on day one of the contest. Congratulations to him, and kudos to 2K Sports for holding a pretty damn cool contest.




{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar