Sep 18 - New 'Google Alert - recipe' feed email from feed2email.net

Bookmark and Share
Hi there!
Here's the latest feed from Google Alert - recipe.

Add feeds@feed2email.net to your contact list to make sure you receive all your emails
Make sure to visit feed2email.net to get more feeds sent to your inbox.
To find out which feeds you are subscribed to, or to get further help, just reply to this email.


Cheesecake Fruit Wraps (Healthy Recipe) Ms. Couponista – Real ...

Sep 18, 7:02PM

Looking for something quick and healthy to pack in those school lunches? Check out this recipe from Vegetarian Times.

Serves 6 – 30 minutes or fewer

When fresh fruit and cream cheese get rolled together in a tortilla, the result tastes a lot like cheesecake. Use whatever fruit kids prefer, but don't skip the bananas, which help hold the wraps together.

  • 1 4-oz. pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 2 tsp. sugar, optional
  • 4 drops vanilla extract
  • 3 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
  • 10–12 strawberries, thinly sliced
  • ½ small cantaloupe, thinly sliced, or 3 kiwifruits, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 bananas, thinly sliced

1. Mash together cream cheese, sugar (if using), and vanilla extract in bowl with fork until smooth.

2. Spread each tortilla with 2 Tbs. cream cheese mixture, spreading all the way to edges. Scratch square in cream cheese with butter knife or spatula (make biggest possible square you can fit inside tortilla). This will define the filling area.

3. Arrange strawberries and cantaloupe or kiwifruit in single layer inside square. Top with banana slices.

4. Fold up bottom of tortilla along scratched line, and fold in sides along lines. Tightly roll up tortilla, pushing in any filling that slides out. Set seam side down on plate, and press to seal. Freeze 10 minutes to set. Cut in half on bias, and serve.

Per Serving (1/2 wrap):

  • Calories: 168
  • Protein: 5 g
  • Total Fat: 6 g
  • Saturated Fat: 3 g
  • Carbohydrates: 26 g
  • Cholesterol: 14 mg
  • Sodium: 230 mg
  • Fiber: 3 g
  • Sugar: 9 g

Recipe & photo: Vegetarian Times




Betty Duffy: Cookie Recipe

Sep 18, 6:43PM

Thinking kills me.

It is this love I need to understand...
--Emilia Vergani

"The Widow and her Friends"

Drawings by Charles Dana Gibson, 1900, reproduced on plates by the Royal Doulton Works, Lambeth England.

Here's what people are saying about Betty Duffy's Blog:

"Looking for the preeminent blog of insightful social commentary from a hip Catholic mother's perspective? You'd better hang on, Spidermonkey." –J.D.H. esquire

"Maybe we should just read her blog and talk about it!!!


Wait...we already do that....

I'm finding certain phrases keep popping up in my mind the way they do with Will Ferrell movies, Seinfeld and 30 rock (Then I smile or laugh out loud and people think I'm weird)."—M.F.

"Some nights, after the glass of wine I did give up for Lent you are too smart for me and I have to switch over to ET online and come back another day! :)"—Irene

"I think you, like me, abhor and love pop culture in one breath."--Biz

"Yes, it is 2:30 am and I'm blaming you for dragging me to the computer tonight."—E.H.C.

"You're killing us!"--Pedge

"She is, quite simply, a really good writer. She's one of those people who could write entries for the white pages and make them good to read."--Sally Thomas

"Nobody does it better, though sometimes I wish I would."--TS

"How in the hell does she have time to produce such mastery?!"--G.U.F.

"Juicy, juicy! Can't wait to see your comments box!"—E.C.

"The most underrated blogger in the Western Hemisphere."--TS

"Your stuff is good enough that sooner or later, one will take. Then you and your blog will be famous, and I can tell people we're related. Until then, I'll keep pretending I don't know you while in polite company."—J.D.H.

Contact

bettyduffy2 at yahoo dot com




Dragonfly Green Tea [Recipe] | Jewish Journal

Sep 18, 6:15PM

September 18, 2013 | 11:15 am

Posted by Elana Horwich


Photo

This is my morning crack. I decided to eliminate coffee once and for all when I realized that it actually didn't wake me up. In fact, if I ended up drinking too much in the morning I would find myself lightheaded and needing to go right back to bed. 

Now that said, most of you would never forgo your morning cup of joe. I've debated making this spiel about the benefits of ridding coffee from your morning routine as it's an expensive addiction nowadays, but the fact is I do not have it in me to fight that battle. Be a coffee addict; it won't kill you. (Although the pesticides coffee is grown with, the acidic stomach it creates and all the sh*# you put in it might do so.) I, however, am not about to take on the world's largest addiction, not with my little tirade, not with my simple spiel. I know better than to take on addicts. Roberto and Lisa - thanks for the lesson!

Plus I must admit: I love a good strong cup of black coffee. 

Dragonfly Green Tea, however, will make you happy. Don't tell me coffee makes you happy. Go to any hipster neighborhood where they drink coffee all day long. Hooded sweatshirts covering sunken eyes. Miserable-looking might be the new cool, but it is not the new happy. 

Green tea has been shown to release neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. With a double dose of green tea from the matcha powder and the tea bag, don't be surprised if you immediately feel better, calmer and more alert after just a few sips. The toasted rice in the genmaicha along with the raw honey takes it right over the edge of hot beverage ecstasy.  

Prepare for another addiction. 

Ingredients:

  • ¼ - ½ teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder* (available in my specialty food shop, at your local Japanese grocer, Whole Foods/health food store or online at matchasource.com**)
  • 1 Green GenMaicha tea bag (green tea with toasted rice)*
  • 1 teaspoon raw honey*
  • hot water
  • Liquid Stevia drops (optional)

*shop for these items here

Easy Quick Version

  1. Add matcha powder, honey and tea bag to mug or tall glass. 
  2. Add hot water.
  3. Stir and drink. 

Version for Less Lazy People (not me)

  1. Add matcha powder to mug or tall glass.
  2. Add a finger of hot water and stir well (preferably with a matcha whisk) until much of powder is dissolved. 
  3. Add honey, tea bag and rest of powder.
  4. Enjoy.

Lower Caloric Version

  1. Add matcha powder, tea bag and a ½ teaspoon of honey to mug or tall glass.
  2. Add hot water.
  3. Add stevia drops to taste. (Yes, I've tried with only stevia and no honey but it's not good.)
  4. Enjoy.

**MatchaSource (www.matchasource.com) was founded by my friend and entrepreneurial mentor Alissa White and delivers top quality matcha to your doorstep. Also makes wonderful gifts. Use coupon code "HEALTHYCHA" for 10% off first orders.

Want to take cooking classes with Elana? Go to MealandaSpiel.com.

We welcome your feedback.

Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.

JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.




Lunch Recipe: Smoky Spiced Tempeh & Quinoa Salad Recipes ...

Sep 18, 5:54PM

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

 The previous page is sending you to

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-tempeh-salad-recipes-from-the-kitchn-194948?utm_source=RSS

.

 If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.





If at any time you'd like to stop receiving these messages, just send an email to fulltextrssfeed_com_www_google_com_alerts_feeds_08265159762519898652_9204458329824401318+unsubscribe-ballom.master.master=blogger.com@mail.feed2email.net.
To stop all future emails from feed2email.net you can reply to this email with STOP in the subject line. Thanks

{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar