Google Alert - recipe

Bookmark and Share

Google Alert - recipe


Pumpkin Roll: Fearless Homemaker | The Secret <b>Recipe</b> Club

Posted: 02 Nov 2013 03:03 AM PDT

Pumpkin Roll: Fearless Homemaker

We LOVE pumpkin rolls!  All of us.  I don't know one person that doesn't.  There is something magical about the flavor combinations of the bread itself and the filling.  Ahhhhh, and nothing says "Fall" like one of these beauties.  Amy from the Fearless Homemaker has really put the icing on the cake – or IN the cake with the help of her SRC assignment this month, i am a honey bee, written by the lovely nicole.  Amy said . . .

"It didn't take me long to choose what recipe to try from her blog – I saw an awesome-looking pumpkin roll, which reminded me that I had yet to make a single pumpkin recipe so far this fall. The horror! So, I gathered up the ingredients + got baking. This was my first time making any sort of rolled cake + I admit, I was intimidated. However, it was far easier than I expected, coming together easily + quickly. And the flavor? Sooooo good. A moist, delicate, super flavorful pumpkin cake rolled up with a sweet, amazing cream cheese frosting. So delicious!"

Check out the recipe for Pumpkin Roll.

Vintage Kitchen Kitsch on eBay – Vintage <b>Recipe</b> Card Collections

Posted: 02 Nov 2013 02:10 AM PDT

Welcome to Vintage Kitchen Kitsch! This week we have ice cream clowns, fancy international drinks and cats that lay around with desserts.

 1973 Vintage McCall's Great American Recipe Card Collection and Storage Box

McCalls Recipe Collection

Why I Want This: My mom had this collection when I was growing up, and it sadly was lost when their house flooded a few years ago. I remember that creepy little clown ice cream cone! I always begged my mom to make it.

 Vintage 1958 COOKINDEX Recipes & Box Card File Old Fashioned Recipe Index Cards

Cook Index II

Cook Index

Why I Need This: This is one of my holy grail cooking items that I haven't yet added to my collection! The photos in this thing are amazing, and I want it so bad.

 VINTAGE 2 IN 1 International Recipe card Collection for mixed drinks/horsDoeuvre

International Mixed Drink

International Mixed Drink II

Why I Want This: I actually have this already, but I felt like I would be remiss if I didn't include it for you guys! This gets a workout all the time at our house, and the drinks in here are really good!

 VINTAGE COCA COLA CHILDREN'S TREATS RECIPE CARDS

Coke Recipe Cards II

Coke Recipe Cards

Why I Want This: I actually think these are really cute, and I have to admit one of my cooking goals in life is to make one of those little cake trains!

 VINTAGE 1971 Betty Crocker Recipe Card with two-toned green box

Betty Crocker

Why I Want This: A classic! I only have a partial set, so a full set is on my list!

 Vintage A Cookbook Card – Cats by Koren Trygg Greeting Card w/ recipes 1987

Purrfectly Scrumptious

Purrfectly Scrumptious II

Purrfectly Scrumptious III

Why I Want This:  I just…yeah. They're cats. And there on the recipe cards. Laying next to the desserts. I know this is from 1987 and kind of out of the normal timeframe, but these are just amazing and I had to include them!

So, that's if for this week! If you want to check out some more vintage kitchen finds, you can take a look at my collections on eBay where I have a lot more finds:

 RETRORUTH'S EBAY COLLECTIONS

Oh, and if you want to check out some more awesome eBay kitsch picks, check out the post on my other blog, No Pattern Required!

*Disclaimer: Mid-Century Menu is part of the eBay Partner Network, and that means that when you click on our eBay links we may earn a very small commission.

The Iowa Housewife: Taste of Home Holiday <b>Recipe</b> Card Collection <b>...</b>

Posted: 02 Nov 2013 01:00 AM PDT

  As one of the major beneficiaries of this blog I want to recommend the choice for the week.  It is the Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection of 2003.

  One of my favorite choices is the scalloped corn. If you like scalloped corn at all you will love this. I enjoy fish of every  kind.  I though Sue's rendition of baked cod was particularly good equaled only by her chicken in potato baskets.  Creamy chicken in crispy hash brown crusts with a variety of veggies make this a hit

  Bettie wanted to recommend this book as she enjoyed the scalloped corn. I rarely make this so it was made mainly for her. So nice when a recipe works out as well as this one did. We hope that you will enjoy the recipes as much as we did making them.

Luscious lavender lip balm <b>recipe</b>

Posted: 02 Nov 2013 12:30 AM PDT

Winter is just around the corner and at this time of the year, many of us suffer from dry lips.

So, instead of licking your lips and making them drier, try this homemade lip balm recipe shared by Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain, Certified Holistic Nutrition Therapist, SNHS , UK. Certified Health Coach, IIN, US.

Ingredients:
4 tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
1 tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)

Method:
1. Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on very low heat.

2. Stir until the beeswax is completely melted.

3. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E and cocoa powder.

4. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey.

5. Once the honey is added, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container (tube or tin) and allow it to set for 3 hours.

Read more Personal Health, Diet & Fitness stories on www.healthmeup.com

Bloggers Showcase: Thanksgiving (Fall) <b>Recipe</b> RoundUp PLUS <b>...</b>

Posted: 02 Nov 2013 12:00 AM PDT

WARNING! You may experience frequent desires to leave the computer and go to the kitchen! STOP! Unless it is November 27th, it's a little early to start cooking your families Thanksgiving meal. However, I predict you will be drooling (ALOT) on your keyboard while scrolling, clicking over and checking out all the wonderful recipes here...therefore, a test run of the recipes would be fine - right?! I hope so - because after I post this I am going to the kitchen!

The blogging world is awesome! 
I have made some amazing friendships and met wonderful
people in my first year penning A Peek Into My Paradise.

You are in for a treat! Every Saturday in November,
A Peek Into My Paradise, 
will be showcasing posts from some of my favorite blogs!

Mark your calendar for the following showcases!
November 9th - Appetizers for Holiday Parties
November 16th - Holiday Cookie Recipes
November 23rd - Christmas Celebration

Today, the first post in the series of four,
Thanksgiving/Harvest/Fall recipes,
(OVER 60 of them!)
plus a few posts for the table,
from just a few of my blogging buddies!

Traditional turkey and cranberry, easy-no-fuss casseroles,
sweet and savory, for the love of pumpkin and flavors of fall,
my blogger buddies have it all!


Please, be sure to show them some love and visit
their blogs! You won't be disappointed!
I guarantee - you will be pinning!

Oh, and speaking of pinning - please DO NOT PIN from this post.
Click on the link under the photo to be directed to the contributors blog.

PIN FROM THE BLOG SOURCE ONLY

I invite you to share THIS POST by using 
the collage photo to PIN and share on your social media.  






';

For year long inspiration in the kitchen, home and awesome 

ideas to cook, create, pin and share; I invite you to visit our weekly

link parties at A Peek Into My Paradise! The blogging world hosts 

some of the most talented and friendly people! 

I'm sure you agree with me after seeing all these awesome recipes! 

I don't know about you, but these recipes are 

just to good to only make on Thanksgiving!

From our home to yours, 

Happy Holidays!

I would love for us to become friends! 


This post originated on A Peek Into My Paradise. Thank You to all the contributing bloggers! 

I encourage you to get to know this talented group of ladies better! Simply click on the links below the photo to be directed to their blog; where you can follow via their social media.

We would love to see your favorite 
FALL - HARVEST - THANKSGIVING
 RECIPES, CRAFTS, DECORATIONS, TRADITIONS! 
Link them up! 
For those of us who can eat pumpkin spice all year long...
 The link party will be open until NEXT 
Thanksgiving, so come back and check it out for 
inspiration all year long! 


{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar