Here's the latest feed from Google Alert - recipe.
Add feeds@feed2email.net to your contact list to make sure you receive all your emails
Make sure to visit feed2email.net to get more feeds sent to your inbox.
To find out which feeds you are subscribed to, or to get further help, just reply to this email.
Cocktails for a Crowd: Pitcher & Punch Recipe Roundup Party ...
Nov 01, 9:03PM

Punches and pitcher cocktails are the savior of the busy host. Prepped in advance, these party-sized batches offer an alternative to wine and beer— without the need for shakers, stirrers, or a stocked liquor cabinet. Plan a punch for your next get-together — these recipes each serve 6 or more.
For kids and teetotalers, swap the hooch for seltzer, ginger ale, coconut water... or just leave it out! If you want to add a little zing to the peach punch, consider peach schnapps, peach vodka, or ginger beer.
• Poor Girl Champagne Punch
• Hibiscus Ginger Punch
• Wassail Punch
• Sparkling Cojito
• Peruvian Pisco Punch
• El Diablo
• Strawberry Basil Margaritas
• Sparkling Peach Punch
(Images: as credited above)
Categories: Main, Entertaining, Entertaining at Home
Send Us Your Favorite Holiday Recipe Contest
Nov 01, 9:00PM
Redirect Notice
The previous page is sending you to
http://www.santaclaritamagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content.
If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.
Food: Recipes can come from many places
Nov 01, 8:26PM
I often watch with perplexity and amazement the plethora of cooking shows that are on TV today. In fact, I recently viewed one of these programs with the same apprehension I have when I drive by a terrible car accident. I really didn't want to look but I couldn't help myself.
I was watching a food show where a man had 30 minutes to down a sandwich the size of a stump, two pounds of French fries and a malted milk shake served in a sand bucket. Toward the end it was painful to observe as sweat poured down his face and his breathing became labored. I'm sure his belt buckle was suffering, too.
The only food shows I remember watching as a kid were the Galloping Gourmet and Julia Child. Both cooked dishes that were totally foreign to me and truthfully, I watched them solely for their flub ups; Julia drinking her wine ingredients; and the Galloping Gourmet, actually, well, galloping.
Boy, how times have changed. In fact, I think a lot of people in this day and age are totally obsessed with food, especially if you consider all the programming television has to offer on this subject. Now there are programs featuring diners, drive-ins and dives; frying contests; B-B-Q cook offs; "pioneer" woman cooking; grocery shopping races and of course the eating contest programming which always makes me queasy. Personally, I think we should have more respect for the substances that fuel our bodies but that's another topic.
And if TV shows don't provide enough food education, you can turn to the Internet where apps and websites demonstrate everything from how to make a pie to calorie counting to places to purchase the latest cookware. It's mind boggling.
With all these choices and technology though, I sheepishly admit that my go-to source for many recipes is still my old Betty Crocker Cookbook which I received as a Christmas present when I was in high school, and a little wooden box stuffed with recipes that are jotted down on 3x5 cards.
In this box there are cards with my mother's hand writing which pull at my heart when I pull them out. There are recipes from grandmas and relatives, from friends and even some I actually cut out and pasted on the cards. In a way, it's like taking a step back in time when I pull open that box to look for a favorite recipe or meal, as if the past is calling.
And that little wooden box is where I headed when my friend Cleo called me last week and asked if I could include a recipe for apple butter in this column. I'm a big fan of apples, but it's been many years since I've had this comforting concoction. But I knew, somewhere, there was a recipe in my little box for this delicious condiment. It was given to me by a favorite aunt many years ago after I had sampled her apple butter, still warm and smeared on a slice of fresh baked bread. That memory made me wonder why it has been so many years since I've made this wonderful spread.
After some digging, I did find the recipe that my aunt had written down on a card. She made her apple butter in a crockpot and I've included it for this week. Not only is this comforting food a good spread on breads or muffins but it can also be used in recipes calling for applesauce and even sometimes be substituted for oil for healthier options when making muffins, breads or cakes. It's good mixed in with hot cereal, too.
I guess the bottom line is there are all sorts of places in this day and age to get a recipe, but for me Betty Crocker and my little wooden box are still worth a look. And I'm sure Julia and the Galloping Gourmet would agree.
Apple Butter
10 to 12 apples, cored and chopped
2 to 3 cups sugar (depending on apple variety)
2 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ nutmeg
Place the prepared apples in a bowl and then add the dry ingredients. Mix well and put into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about an hour. Reduce heat and let cook for about 8 to 10 hours, occasionally stirring. Uncover and let cook for another hour or so until the mixture becomes quite thick. Spoon into jars or containers. This apple butter can be frozen for later use. Also the amount of spices can be tweaked to taste.
Recipe: Broiled clams with herbed butter
Nov 01, 7:41PM
35 minutes, plus freezing time for the butter. 24 clams
About 1¾ cups (3½ ounces) fresh white bread crumbs
About 1 cup (2 2/3 ounces) panko bread crumbs
2 cups, loosely packed (1 ounce) parsley leaves (stemmed, washed and dried)
1 generous cup, loosely packed (½ ounce) basil leaves (stemmed, washed and dried)
Scant ½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) butter, softened
24 middleneck clams (large littleneck clams can be substituted)
Garlic oil, for drizzling
Fresh lemon juice, for drizzling
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the fresh and panko bread crumbs along with the parsley, basil, salt and garlic. Pulse the processor to finely chop the herbs. Add the butter and process until evenly combined to form a smooth green butter. Be careful not to overprocess the mixture or the butter will start to melt. Test the seasoning by spreading a little butter on a piece of bread and baking it until crispy and brown; taste, and adjust the seasoning if need be.
2. Remove the butter from the processor and spread between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll the butter as evenly as possible; it should be approximately the thickness of two pennies stacked together. In order to achieve uniform thickness, you can use a calibrated rolling pin or roll the butter using a wooden ruler on either side as a guide for thickness (space the rulers far enough apart to allow the butter to expand as it is thinned). Place the rolled butter (still between parchment) on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze overnight before using. The butter will keep, wrapped well, frozen for at least a month and can be used for many things.
3. Before finishing the dish, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Shuck the clams and place them on a bed of rock salt in an oven-proof dish. Take the butter from the freezer and remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Cut the butter into rounds using a ring mold or some circular object that is approximately the same diameter as the clams. Remove the bottom piece of parchment from each piece of butter and place one round of butter on top of each clam.
4. Bake the clams for 4 minutes, to warm through. Remove the clams and drizzle a couple of drops of garlic oil and fresh lemon juice over each, then finish in the broiler until the butter crust is golden brown and sizzling, 1 to 3 minutes depending on the heat of the broiler. Serve immediately. If you have to cook the clams in batches, bake and broil one batch before starting on the next.
EACH CLAM
Calories 81
Protein 3 grams
Carbohydrates 5 grams
Fiber 0
Fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sugar 0
Sodium 184 mg
Announcing: Feed the Omnis Holiday Recipe Contest | I Eat Grass
Nov 01, 7:34PM
It's almost holiday time, grassmunchers, and what do we love most about the holiday season? The family, the food, and the free stuff! Wait, what's that you say? Free stuff!?
We're happily launching our first ever "Feed the Omnis" holiday recipe contest. We want to know what you veg-heads are planning to feed your omnivorous family members when you come together around the holiday table. Good food is good food, period, and we know you want to show off how delicious a plant-based diet can be.
We can't wait to see what recipes you're preparing, and to help inspire you, we're offering a killer swag bag as a prize. The bag includes treats from some of our favorite companies: Jiva Cubes, Justin's, Kind Snacks, Tofutti, Bearded Brothers and more.
Entering is simple. Follow the 4 steps below:
1. Make a main dish or side dish using one of your own original recipes.
2. Snap a pic!
3. Email your recipe, the picture, and a short 50 word blurb about why your recipe rocks to Zoe@ieatgrass.com.
4. Follow our @iEatGrassDotCom Twitter account and send out the following Tweet:
I just entered @iEatGrassDotCom 's Feed the Omnis Holiday Recipe Contest! Hope I win that #vegan swag! Details here: http://bit.ly/1cvvXFi
How we choose the winner
Our team will be choosing the top recipes that come in based on originality and overall appeal. We will then test the top recipes ourselves and choose one grand winner to receive the swag bag, as well as four other runner-ups that will have their recipes featured on iEatGrass.com – so be sure to include a link to your blog or website if you have one!
Deadline: Please submit your entry by midnight EST on Friday November 15th.
Winners will be announced by Wednesday, November 20th.
Vasco da Gama | Serious Eats : Recipes
Nov 01, 7:30PM
At Alembic in San Francisco, Danny Louie created this drink, named for the explorer who made this combination of the disparate ingredients possible. By combining bourbon, Scotch and homemade garam masala-spiced apple syrup, you get a delicious play on fall flavors that'll warm you up from the inside.
Note: Use unsweetened apple cider from your local orchard or grocery store refrigerated section for this drink.
About the author: Nick Guy is the accessories editor for iLounge, and covers barware and drinking accessories for The Sweethome. He is based in Buffalo, NY, and on Twitter is @thenickguy.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
If at any time you'd like to stop receiving these messages, just send an email to fulltextrssfeed_com_www_google_com_alerts_feeds_08265159762519898652_9204458329824401318+unsubscribe-ballom.master.master=blogger.com@mail.feed2email.net.
To stop all future emails from feed2email.net you can reply to this email with STOP in the subject line. Thanks


{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }
Posting Komentar