Google Alert - recipe

Bookmark and Share

Google Alert - recipe


The Best Homemade Applesauce <b>Recipe</b> - Design, Dining + Diapers

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 02:01 AM PST

0 Flares 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 0 Flares ×

Disclosure: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Kleenex but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #KleenexTarget  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

Just last week I was thinking to myself, "Wow, it's been a while since any of us have gotten sick…. now watch me completely jinx our healthy streak". And yes I did. I jinxed it. It wasn't but a day later that Miss E started to come down with a cold, then I got it and now Little Man has the sniffles too. Thankfully it's nothing too horrific but enough where we want to lay low, keep some Kleenex close by and make my Grandma's homemade applesauce recipe.  You see, whenever I got sick as a kid my mom would always ask me what I wanted to eat to help me feel better, and my response was always, "My Grandma's Homemade Applesauce". It's the best applesauce you have ever tasted. It's chunky, full of flavor and just hits the spot and makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. To this day, it is one of my favorite dishes and it's the first thing I think about when I'm not feeling well.

So today, as we officially enter into cold and flu season in our household, I thought I'd share my Grandma's Homemade Applesauce Recipe with you. So be sure to pin it for those days when you need something to warm you up!

The Best Homemade Applesauce Recipe via @tarynatddd

This recipe is one of the easiest recipes you will ever follow. After all, it only includes three ingredients. It's just all about the little details that makes this recipe so special.

HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE APPLES

I've mentioned several times before that my Grandma grew up on an apple orchard in Eastern Washington and I consider her the apple expert. She knows what type of apples to use for everything and she ALWAYS uses Golden Delicious Apples for her applesauce and for baking. So naturally that's what I did.  For best results, she suggests letting your apples ripen on your counter until they start to turn a little yellow. Mine were still pretty green but the applesauce still turned out great.

For this recipe, 10 apples will yield about 2 quarts of applesauce.

HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE PEELED

Peel and core the apples and slice them evenly.

Applesauce in Pan

Place the apples in a large pot and then fill it with about 2″ of water. Place it on the stove on low heat (I put mine on a 3) and then let it simmer for 1-2 hours stirring about every 15-30 minutes. The apples will eventually start to form a sauce. Our family has always made this recipe with apple chunks, so we remove it from the heat while there are still some visible chunks of apple. After you remove it from the heat, sprinkle about 1 TBSP of cinnamon on top and then pack it away into a large bowl or can it for later!

Flighting Cough and Cold Flu Season With Kleenex

Mmm this applesauce hits the spot everytime!

So this my friends is how we fight cold and flu season around our house. All we need is a big box of Kleenex, a bowl of homemade applesauce and a warm and cozy home to cuddle in.

The Best Homemade Applesauce Recipe

Author: 

Recipe type: Side Dish

Prep time:  30 mins

Cook time:  2 hours

Total time:  2 hours 30 mins

Serves: 2 quarts

  • - 10 Golden Delicious Apples
  • - About 3 Cups of Water
  • - 1 TBPS of Cinnamon
  1. Peel, core and slice the apples.
  2. Place them in a large pot and fill it with about 2 inches of water.
  3. Heat the pot on low and let it simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring every 15-30 minutes.
  4. Remove from heat when most of the apples have turned into sauce but large chunks are still visible.
  5. Top with cinnamon and serve or pack away for later.

3.1.09

Homemade Applesauce Recipe via @tarynatddd

If your family already has the sniffles or you just want to be prepared, you can click HERE for a $1.00 off coupon for Kleenex at your local Target store (Warning: This link has a two click limit, so don't click until you are ready to print off your coupon!)

How do you fight cold and flu season in your home?


0 Flares 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 0 Flares ×

About

Taryn is the owner/editor of Design, Dining and Diapers, a lifestyle blog that focuses primarily on DIY home decor, seasonal crafts, easy recipes and just being a mom! She is all about making things for less by upcycling thrift store finds, using what's on hand and transforming dollar store finds. Taryn lives in the greater Seattle area with her husband, 2 year old daughter and newborn son.

CWA Quick and Easy <b>Recipe</b>: Coffee Essence Cake

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 01:33 AM PST

CWA Quick and Easy Recipe: Coffee Essence Cake

18/11/2013 , 8:35 PM by elk Kovaricek

Cwa womenIngredients
240g butter
4 eggs
2 tbsp coffee essence
300g SR flour
240g sugar
pinch of salt (optional)
120ml milk
1 tsp vanilla

Method
Beat butter and sugar to a cream.

Add beaten eggs, and vanilla and coffee essence dissolved in milk. Add the flour.

Bake in a lined tin in a moderate oven for 3 /  4 hour.

Ice when cooled.

Icing
120g icing sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp coffee essence
1 / 2 teaspoon vanilla

adelaide_evenings , broken_hill_evenings , eyre_evenings , north_and_west_sa_evenings , riverland_evenings , south_east_evenings

<b>Recipe</b>: Moroccan Beetroot & Herb Salad with Organic Natural <b>...</b>

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 01:22 AM PST

Recipe: Moroccan Beetroot & Herb Salad with Organic Natural Yogurt Dressing - The National Student

Type your univerity to customise your site-wide feed.

e.g., 'Southampton' or 'University of Surrey'


Clear My Uni

Unsubscribe

18th November 2013 09:06:47

Today's recipe: a healthy and super quick lunchtime salad, for those days when you just don't have time to stop for lunch.

Serves: 4

Preparation time: 10 minutes

You'll need:

750g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled), chopped into wedges

250g baby spinach leaves, washed & well drained

Large bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped

Large bunch coriander, roughly chopped

For the dressing:

250ml Rachel's Organic Natural Yogurt(either low fat or full fat)

2 tsp cumin seeds, roughly ground

1 clove garlic, crushed

Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

What to do:

  1. In a large serving bowl, toss together the beetroot, spinach, mint & coriander, reserving a few of the herbs to garnish the salad.
  2. Make the dressing in a small bowl by mixing all the ingredients together. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving and garnish with the remaining herbs.

www.lovebeetroot.co.uk


How To Have a Vegan Thanksgiving and <b>Recipe</b> Ideas — Low Fat <b>...</b>

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 12:23 AM PST

by Veronica Grace on November 18, 2013


Low Fat Vegan Chef's Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving is already long gone in Canada, but I saved this post for my American readers as many of you have a hard time deciding on what to make and spend a lot of time worrying if your guests or family can survive a meal without turkey or ham on a big holiday. Lol. Well never fear I can help give you some ideas for  filling out your plant based Thanksgiving menu with ease.

Low Fat Vegan Chef's Thanksgiving
I make everything from scratch and find that whipping up mashed potatoes and mashed yams/sweet potatoes an absolute BREEZE in my pressure cooker. I actually have 2 now, one is an EZ Bean Cooker pressure cooker that I can set manually for cooking anything else other than beans as well, so I fill one with potatoes, one with yams and then I don't have to sacrifice stove top space and watch the pot. This is a huge time saver and I use my pressure cooker every holiday to makes my potato recipes.
Low Fat Vegan Chef's Thanksgiving

A few things I'll mention, I actually forgot about making stuffing this year as I focus more on making my lentil loaf recipe, stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes. No one seemed to mind though and having an alternative side of Greek Stuffed Peppers was actually a healthier option than traditional stuffing. The other thing is that I ran out of pecans and didn't have any for my mashed yams but they were still delicious none-the-less. And best of all we had so much leftovers for the rest of the week it was SO nice not having to cook each day. (As my lentil loaf recipe makes 2 loaves and I made a double batch of gravy!)

Here are my favorite veganized Thanksgiving dishes to share with you since many of you will be dining plant based or trying to dine mostly plant based this year and still feeding some carnivores too! All of these recipes have been tested on my family and their non vegan friends, so I assure you they are crowd pleasers. :)

Some of these recipes are featured in my blog, and some are in my recipe cookbook Vegan Comfort Foods From Around The World has loads more delicious and hearty entree recipes for every occasion.

Raw Vegan Salads:

Raw vegan Caesar Salad

The Best Caesar Salad

Low Fat Raw Vegan Chef's Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad

Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad

Vegan Thanksgiving Entrees:

Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Holiday Stuffed Acorn Squash

Greek Stuffed Eggplant

Herbed Lentil Loaf with Miso Gravy

Greek Stuffed Peppers

Vegan Side Dishes:

Holiday Baked Maple Yam Pecan Casserole

Cranberry Apple Pecan Holiday Stuffing

Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Brown Gravy

Steamed Vegetables In Cheezy Sauce

Tangy Collard Greens in Coconut Milk

Vegan Decadent Desserts (These are not low fat):

Low Fat Vegan Chef's Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

(mine was based on this recipe here, I skipped the oil and t I put it in a pre made graham cracker crumb to save on time and added more spices to my tastes)


Holiday Vegan Pecan Pie

Vegan Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote

Vegan Lower Fat Desserts: 

Fudgey Black Berry Brownies

Vegan Rice Pudding

Apple Strawberry Strudel Pie

There are lots of delicious and healthy recipes to choose from. I hope that I included some of your favourites or gave you some inspiration to try something new. :)

So if these goodies entice you be sure to check out my book  Vegan Comfort Foods From Around The World and grab it before Thanksgiving is here! (Available in digital and physical format.)

What are you looking forward to having for Thanksgiving this year?

About the author

Veronica Grace Veronica Grace is a self taught "chef" and food enthusiast who focuses on promoting a low fat vegan approach to a whole foods diet and lifestyle. She teaches and encourages people to eat fresh plant based foods as much as possible and stays up to date on current research in the natural health and plant based diet world. So follow along on her inventive food journey and enjoy a simple, tasty healthy lifestyle.

Key Ingredient <b>Recipe</b> Reader Giveaway | Mom To Bed By 8

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 12:12 AM PST

recipereader

Super Gift Idea for Anyone Who Likes To Cook!

Okay…admit it. You have recipes that you have clipped all stuffed into a box; falling out, getting messy, torn or misplaced. Wouldn't it be amazing to have all of your recipes in one place? In one digital place? Where they never get ripped, torn or spilled upon? The Key Ingredient Recipe Reader has you covered!

This is really an ingenious idea. To begin with, you set up a free account on KeyIngredient.com, where you can look up tons of recipes that you don't already have. You will then 'sync' your reader over WIFI (cool, huh?). Then, all new recipes that you add will be synced automatically! Plus you can add recipes that you've already collected!

And get this – the recipe reader will store 4,000 recipes! I guarantee that's about 3,800 more than you can stuff in that little box!

Check out these features:

  • 7-inch shatterproof touchscreen
  • automatic screen rotation
  • adjustable font size
  • planner
  • list of ingredient substitions
  • measurement converter
  • three built-in kitchen timers (so you can time 3 things cooking at once!)
  • search feature

The Key Ingredient Recipe reader comes with a built-in stand, so that you can sit it on a counter or table and easily see it. No running back and forth from recipe (or computer) to cook your dinner!

The Key Ingredient Recipe reader can be purchased for $149 on Amazon, the Key Ingredient Store or Costco. It makes a perfect Christmas gift for mom or any other loved one who loves cooking!

You can follow Key Ingredient on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. The Key Ingredient App is also available in the Apple Store and Google Play if you use your phone or iPad to find recipes.

One lucky reader will win a Key Ingredient Recipe Reader!

This giveaway is open to U.S. residents and will end on 11/22. Please enter on the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclosure: Participating blogs are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Prize will be provided by Key Ingredient.

Sweet and Tangy Baked Chicken <b>Recipe</b> - Yours and Mine ARE Ours

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 12:07 AM PST

I have something so exciting to share with you today!  Eeek!  About a month ago I signed up to participate in a Mystery Ingredient Blogger Showcase Contest.  I developed the recipe and my husband made it.  I typed it up and sent it off last Sunday figuring I would most likely not make it to the next round.  Not because the recipe isn't awesome but because there are so many fabulous bloggers out there and I am sure there were many entries to choose from.  So, imagine my surprise when I received an email saying I had advanced to the final round!!  I do have to say they made a good choice though because this Sweet And Tangy Baked Chicken recipe is so delicious.  It's juicy and full of flavor!

Sweet and Tangy Baked Chicken - yoursandmineareours.com - #mibloggershowcase #colmansmustard

The mystery ingredient in case you're wondering is Colman's Mustard.  It worked perfectly with this chicken to help provide the right amount of tang.  Did I tell you .. you're going to love this recipe? Really.. you are!  You have to try it!  It's making my mouth water just thinking about it.  Colman's is offering everyone a $1.00 Off coupon to use off of your purchase so you can use it when you make this mouth watering Sweet And Tangy Baked Chicken!  Just click on the image and print.

Colman's Mustard Coupon

Sweet and Tangy Baked Chicken 050

If you love this recipe as much as I do please vote for me!  The grand prize is a trip to England!  My husband and I have never been on a real honeymoon or a trip out of the state for that matter.  It would be such a wonderful thing to get to experience a trip like this together.  You can vote by visiting the Mystery Ingredient Blogger Showcase.  You can vote once a day from November 18th through end of day December 1st.

This Sweet And Tangy Baked Chicken Recipe goes great with this Avocado Walnut Salad Recipe.

Sweet and Tangy Baked Chicken

2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Colman's Old English Mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Cut chicken breasts in half length wise.
Brown chicken in oil over medium heat.
Remove meat and place in a small baking dish or Dutch Oven.
In skillet that was used to brown meat add ketchup, ¾ cup water, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
Cover and bake 40 minutes.

Enjoy!

Print Friendly

{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar