Nov 19 - New 'Google Alert - recipe' feed email from feed2email.net

Bookmark and Share
Hi there!
Here's the latest feed from Google Alert - recipe.

Add feeds@feed2email.net to your contact list to make sure you receive all your emails
Make sure to visit feed2email.net to get more feeds sent to your inbox.
To find out which feeds you are subscribed to, or to get further help, just reply to this email.


Disney Recipe: Peanut Butter, Banana, and Candied Bacon Pie ...

Nov 19, 10:19PM

And now…a recipe for a super-interesting new dessert in Disney World!

When the brand new BoardWalk Bakery reopened earlier this year, we were there bright and early on the very first morning to bring you a full account of what was new, and what was returning.

And while we found many brand new things to love, like the Lemon Meringue Tart (sigh), one of our top pics was the Peanut Butter, Banana, and Candied Bacon Pie!

Sounds pretty keen, doesn't it?

Peanut Butter, Banana, and Candied Bacon Pie

Well, it kind of is! The combination of sweet, rich peanut butter filling, bananas, and salty bacon create the perfect decadent dessert.

Peanut Butter, Banana, and Candied Bacon Pie -- Up Close and All Glorious

I was more than a little excited when I discovered this recipe for the pie…so now I can make it at home! And the best news of all — it's pretty easy stuff!

Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie

Makes 9-inch pie

Ingredients:
3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2 bananas, sliced

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack over the baking
sheet.

2. Coat bacon on both sides with brown sugar. Place on rack and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy, depending on thickness of bacon.
Remove from oven. Once cooled, dice and set aside.

3. Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.

4. Whip cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl; gently fold into peanut butter mixture.

5. Fill pie shell halfway with mixture, then evenly top with banana slices. Top slices with remaining mixture.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

And then, step back and wait for the OOHS! and AHHHS! to commence! Who knew that such yummo food could be so completely simple to make??

I'll definitely be making this awesome pie to tide me over until my next Disney trip! Like, I'm grabbing my keys and heading to the grocery store. Now.

What about you? Leave us a comment if you plan to try it, too!

Other Posts You May Enjoy:




Guest Recipe: Eli Cairo's Elk Hirsh Peffer

Nov 19, 10:18PM

By David Draper

Eli Cairo is the head salumist and a co-owner of Portland, Oregon's Olympic Provisions. A first-generation Greek-American with a father who made charcuterie the old-fashioned way, Cairo apprenticed in Europe, where he was exposed to the wonders of working with game meat. Back in Oregon, he's gained a reputation for making some of the nation's best European style charcuterie from locally sourced ingredients. When he's not curing meat for his two restaurants and for retailers around the country, he is fly-fishing the Pacific Northwest's famed waterways or bird hunting with his pointer, Leather. Here Cairo shares his recipe for Hirsh Peffer, a traditional Swiss stew using game meat marinated in wine:

"During my apprenticeship I had a chance to butcher, cook and sample hundreds of wild animals a year, ranging from ibex, chamois, marmots, and of course, elk. As you could imagine the backstaps from all these beautiful animal where very delicious and of course very sought after, not leaving much for a young man in his apprenticeship to try. However, I fell fully in love with a dish that they called 'hirsh peffer' that utilized all the less desired parts of the animal, namely the front quarter, which is the neck shoulder and fore shoulder. The sauce was thickened with pig blood, which gives it the most amazing flavor and such a unique color. If you cannot find any blood you can always thicken in any of the other traditional manners, such as a roux. We would make a perfect rosti and rot kraut, however is also amazing with good mashed potatoes or butter noodles. Finish the sauce with a scoop of savory whipped cream, currants and chives."

Hirsh Peffer Recipe
(Elk shoulder in Dutch oven)

Ingredients
- 3 lb. elk shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tbs. of sea salt
- 1 tsp. juniper ground
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme picked and chopped
- 2 onions peeled and cut in to quarters
- 2 carrots peeled and cut in halves
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 quart red wine
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbs, of olive oil
- 1 1/2 qt. beef stock or elk stock
- 1 cup of fresh pork blood
- 1 bunch of chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream whipped
 
Directions:
1. In a casserole dish, mix elk, sea salt, juniper, black pepper, fresh thyme. Add onions, carrots and half of the red wine. Cover well with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Marinate for two days.

2. Pre-heat oven to 275°.

3. Remove the elk from the refrigerator. Drain and discard liquid. Separate the meat and vegetables. Toss meat with the flour.

4. Place your Dutch oven on medium heat. Add oil. Brown the meat on all sides.  Remove the meat and discard all excess oil. Add vegetables back to warm pot and lightly brown. This should take 3 to 5 minutes. Add the meat back to the pot. Deglaze with the rest of the wine and reduce by half. Add the stock and bring to a light simmer. Place the lid on to your pot and place in your oven. Simmer lightly in the oven for about two hours.

5. Check the tenderness of the elk. It should be fork tender but not overcooked. If it is not tender to your liking place back in your oven and simmer to your liking.

6. Once the elk is tender, remove from the oven and let cool for about a half a hour. Strain off the meat and vegetables. Keep warm by placing the meat in a casserole dish with a lid on it.

7. Reduce the cooking liquid by half and allow to slightly cool*. Add the meat and vegetables back to the sauce.

*This is the crucial part. When thickening with blood you can never simmer it or it will curdle.

8. Place the Dutch oven on back on the stove on very low heat. Add blood and stir continuously, very gently so that the blood does not scorch to the bottom of the pot. As soon as you see the sauce start to thicken, remove from the heat. This should only take 5 minutes at the most.

9. Check seasoning.

10. Serve immediately with whipped cream and chives.




The Food Hussy!: Recipe: Freddy's Sticky Sauce Barbecue Ribs

Nov 19, 10:01PM

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Netflix for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I'm not sure how many of you have Netflix - but it's pretty awesome! It's nice just being able to use the time I do have to watch TV to have it be all stuff I want to watch. They also have some pretty cool original shows as well. 

Well - this holiday season Netflix and Celebrity Chef Curtis Stone have paired up to make some holiday recipes that are inspired by the shows they have. I decided to cook up Freddy's Sticky Sauce BBQ Ribs from Freddy's BBQ Joint on House of Cards. 

You start off with this spice rub - which was easy enough to put together and everything was already in my cupboard: brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Actually - I didn't have cayenne so I used red pepper flakes instead - still good. 

Curtis' recipe calls for 3-4 racks - I live in a 2-person family - and just went quick and easy with one rack of ribs. This was also my first foray into making ribs - so I figured I would start small as well. 

Look at this - it took up my whole counter just for the BBQ Sauce!!! I was a little nervous! 

After cooking it down for 30 minutes though - it turned into this ooey gooey delicious sticky sweet bbq sauce! Good stuff!

I baked my ribs because I wasn't confident in the charcoal grill running for 3 hours - and yes - I ruined a pan! Well - maybe not - it's soaking now - so we'll see how it looks tomorrow. 

The finished product was delicious! I was shocked at how good they were knowing that I made them!

The nice thing is that with Netflix - I can take my tv anywhere - from my living room to my kitchen and anywhere else - so my shows can go with me - rather than just being stuck on the couch! I was watching some Discovery Channel shows while making dinner last night! I love those prison shows - no idea why!?!

Plus - this holiday recipe is great since we're a small family - we can have something we like much better than turkey this Thanksgiving - I don't even think Larry will mind having it two weeks in a row!

The other cool thing about Netflix is that I can watch some of the classics like 50 First Dates or Jackass while I'm baking ribs for 2 hours! Whatever my little heart desires (or my husband's brain) I can pull up and watch right then and there - no going to the video store or searching the DVR. Woohoo! Jackass and Ribs this Thanksgiving sounds like a plan to me!

So what movie would you watch on Netflix while your bird is cooking this Thanksgiving? Be sure to check out Curtis Stone's recipe for the ribs below as well!

Check out Netflix - and you can also find them all over Social Media:

Like Netflix on Facebook

Follow @Netflix

Follow Netflix on Pinterest

Freddy's Sticky Saucy Barbecued Ribs

Serves: 8

Prep Time: 5 hours (includes marinating time)

Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours (for barbecued ribs) or 2 1/2 hours (for oven-baked ribs)

Make-Ahead: The barbecue sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated; reheat before using.

Ingredients

Spice Rub:

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

3 tablespoons sweet paprika

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

2 teaspoons kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin


Barbecue Sauce:

2 tablespoons canola oil

1 yellow onion, chopped


3 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1 teaspoon smoked paprika

1/2 cup whiskey


1 1/4 cups cider vinegar


2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 1/2 cups ketchup

1 cup honey

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Ribs:

4 racks pork baby back ribs (2 1/2-pounds each)

3/4 cup cider vinegar

Optional Special Equipment to Barbecue the Ribs:

One 13 × 9-inch (or larger) disposable aluminum foil pan

3 cups hickory wood chips, soaked in cold water to cover for 1 hour

Clean spray bottle

Method

To prepare the spice rub:

  1. The day before you cook the ribs, make the spice rub. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin together. Place the ribs on 2 large baking sheets and rub the ribs all over with the spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.

Meanwhile, to make the barbecue sauce:

  1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the garlic is tender.
  2. Stir in the paprika, then stir in the whisky and vinegar, bring just to a simmer, and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Bring the sauce to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring often to prevent scorching, for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Remove from the heat.

To barbecue the ribs:

  1. Prepare an outdoor grill for low cooking over indirect heat: For a gas grill, place the foil pan over one or two unlit burners and half-fill the pan with water. Turn on the remaining burner(s) and heat the grill to 300°F. Spread 1 cup of the drained wood chips on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the foil directly on the lit burner and wait until the chips are smoking before you add the ribs to the grill.
  2. For a charcoal grill, place the foil pan on the charcoal grate on one side of the grill and half-fill the pan with water. Build a charcoal fire on the other side and let it burn until the coals are covered with white ash and you can hold your hand just above the cooking grate for 4 to 5 seconds. (To check the temperature more accurately, cover the grill and drop a long-stemmed metal candy thermometer through the top vent; it should register about 300°F.) Sprinkle 1 cup of the drained wood chips over the coals.
  3. Combine the vinegar and 3/4 cup water in the spray bottle. Season the ribs with the salt. Place the ribs on the cooking grate over the water-filled pan. (Don't worry if the ribs extend over the pan, as the pan will still catch the majority of the dripping juices.) Grill, with the lid closed, turning the ribs over and spraying them every 45 minutes or so with the vinegar mixture, adding another cup of drained wood chips at the same intervals, for about 3 hours, or until the meat is just tender. For a charcoal grill, you will need to add 12 ignited charcoal briquettes (or the equivalent in hardwood charcoal) to the fire along with the chips every 45 minutes to maintain the grill temperature. (Light the charcoal in a chimney starter on a fire-safe surface, or use a small portable grill or hibachi.) For either grill, do not add more wood chips after the 1 hour and 30 minute point, as too much smoke will give the ribs a bitter flavor.
  4. Once the ribs are tender, begin brushing them lightly with the barbecue sauce every few minutes or so, allowing the sauce to set before applying the next coat. Continue brushing the ribs with the sauce, turning occasionally, for about 30 minutes, or until the meat has shrunk from the ends of the bones. Transfer the ribs to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.

Alternatively, to bake the ribs:

  1. Position the racks in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F. Cover the ribs on the baking sheets with foil. Bake the ribs, rotating the baking sheets and basting the ribs after the first 45 minutes, and recovering them with foil, for 1 1/2 hours, or until the ribs are tender and the meat has shrunk from the ends of the bones.
  2. Uncover the ribs, baste them with the barbecue sauce and continue baking for 10 minutes, brushing them lightly with the barbecue sauce every few minutes or so, allowing the sauce to set before applying the next coat.

To serve:

  1. Using a large sharp knife, cut the racks into individual ribs. Arrange the ribs on a platter and serve with the remaining sauce on the side. 

Visit Sponsor's Site




Broken Teepee: Seabass with a Lemon Glaze - Recipe

Nov 19, 9:50PM

I received samples of Baquetta Seabass from Anderson Seafoods. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.

The hubby and I will be spending Thanksgiving alone this year and just when I was trying to figure out what to cook - a turkey seems excessive for just the two of us - I received a lovely box from my favorite online seafood company, Anderson Seafoods. Inside was one of their newest additions, Baquetta Seabass. I had never heard of this particular fish but I have to say that I am now very glad that I've had the chance to try it.

Baquetta Seabass is caught in the Sea of Cortez and like all of the fish from Anderson it is sourced responsibly and shipped carbon neutral by UPS overnight. Now as you all know by now I live in the middle of nowhere Montana and yet my fish arrived in perfect condition. If I'm to receive frozen fish it arrives still frozen. If I've ordered fresh fish, it arrives in pristine condition. I've ordered ahi tuna for sashimi and the hubby and I have enjoyed it several times.

I don't know yet how I'll prepare the seabass for Thanksgiving but the other night I made a quick and easy dinner just to taste this new to me fish. It has become a new favorite; it's a mild, white fish yet it's firm when cooking so it made it easy to turn.


Seabass with a Lemon Glaze

PRINT THIS RECIPE

serves 2 to 4

2 8 oz Baquetta Seabass fillets
salt
1 tsp canola oil
2 TBS all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 TBS 5 spice powder
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS honey
parsley


I removed the skin from the fish since this was not going to be a preparation where it would get crispy. Dust the fillets with salt on each side.

Mix together the flour, salt and 5 spice powder on a plate. Coat the seabass on both sides.


Heat a non-stick pan over med - high heat. When the pan is hot add the canola oil and then the fillets.

Cook on each side for two minutes.

When you have turned the fillets brush them with the lemon glaze and cook for one minute on each side. Brushing with the glaze as the fish cooks. Turn them twice.

Now I would have put them in a 350° oven to finish at this point but my oven was broken so I just popped a lid on the pan and let them rest for five minutes and they were cooked perfectly!


I served these with some couscous and broccoli with butter and pepper. As you can see the hubby and I split a fillet and it was very satisfactory. We ate the second one the next night.

The spicy/sweet glaze on the milk fish was delicious and perfect with the peppery broccoli. I'm thinking I'm going to wrap the next fillet in bacon. Doesn't that sound good?

You shop at Anderson Seafoods and you can find them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.

Disclosure:  I received samples of Baquetta Seabass from Anderson Seafoods. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.




NEW! Pumpkin Pie! (vegan, soy-free, gluten-free) - Plant-Powered ...

Nov 19, 9:38PM

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

 The previous page is sending you to

http://plantpoweredkitchen.com/pumpkin-pie-vegan-soy-free-gluten-free/?utm_source=rss

.

 If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.





If at any time you'd like to stop receiving these messages, just send an email to fulltextrssfeed_com_www_google_com_alerts_feeds_08265159762519898652_9204458329824401318+unsubscribe-ballom.master.master=blogger.com@mail.feed2email.net.
To stop all future emails from feed2email.net you can reply to this email with STOP in the subject line. Thanks

{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar