Dec 04 - New 'Google Alert - recipe' feed email from feed2email.net

Bookmark and Share
Hi there!
Here's the latest feed from Google Alert - recipe.

Add feeds@feed2email.net to your contact list to make sure you receive all your emails
Make sure to visit feed2email.net to get more feeds sent to your inbox.
To find out which feeds you are subscribed to, or to get further help, just reply to this email.


CERT recipe book marks group's 10th anniversary

Dec 03, 10:52PM


Not an online subscriber yet? Sign Up Here
Note: You must have cookies enabled to use subscription service
Member Functions:
Forgot your password?



'One Sweet Cupcake' provides simple recipes with gourmet taste

Dec 03, 10:52PM

White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake from "One Sweet Cupcake" by Janell Brown.

Cedar Fort

Janell Brown, winner of the Food Network's "Cupcake Wars" and owner of One Sweet Slice, is at it again. This time she's bringing her specialty cupcakes into readers' homes. Her recipe book, "One Sweet Cupcake: Professional Decorating and Recipe Secrets Made Easy" (Cedar Fort, $21.99), provides simple steps that just might give the home cook the confidence to compete in her own baking war.

Brown set out to do just that: If she was going to do a cookbook, she wanted it to help encourage anyone to cook and to feel confident in the finished product.

"I really wanted to create something — it's almost like there's two extremes when it comes to recipe books focused on cupcakes. They're either focused primarily on gourmet and organic cupcakes, so a lot of the ingredients can be really hard to find, so if you're not used to buying or working or baking with those types of ingredients it can be intimidating if you don't know how to pronounce those French names for things or where to find a certain chocolate," Brown said.

"So it almost feels intimidating, or 'I'm not a good enough baker to be able to purchase this type of book.' And then on the other end you have the just-throw-it-together-really-fast, use-a-cake-mix-and-doctor-it-up, and anyone can do it, but you're going to lose that bake-from-scratch and home feeling of actually creating and making a recipe," she added. "I wanted to find something that was a balance between the two where they're gourmet cupcakes that are delicious, but you can make them using the best of what you have."

The first recipe in the book, a simple vanilla cupcake, provides the base for all the other cupcakes. This allows users to become familiar and comfortable with any of the recipes fairly quickly. Ingredients usually include normal household items such as applesauce and sour cream, along with the normal baking ingredients like flour, sugar and eggs.

Brown's compilation keeps the home chef in mind, featuring pages with a large image for each recipe and numerous helpful tips.

"Cedar Fort came to me and asked if I could put a book together, and I had never even thought of doing something like that before. I had no idea where to begin or what to do, or really where to start," Brown said.

She said it was through the help of the editors at the publishing company and her family and friends that the book came together. While she is grateful for all the support, Brown ultimately recognized that her appearance and success on "Cupcake Wars" has changed her company forever.

"'Cupcake Wars,' hands down, was the No. 1 thing that helped open those doors of opportunity, and then each thing after that has led to building our business that much more and just giving myself more credibility about what we're doing and how we're doing it," Brown said.

With a growing business and publishing a recipe book, Brown pointed out the importance of having her family's support. It's what keeps her going, especially as her children express interest in getting involved.

"My kids are still fairly young and so they really didn't grasp or understand what was going on, or why I was so busy, or gone so much, or what was going on. But my older kids have kind of figured that out a little bit more now, so it's fun to see them with the light click on and think, 'Oh, this is why Mom was gone.' 'This is what she was doing.' ... That has helped so I don't feel as guilty or bad because I know that they understand and want to be a part of it," Brown said.

"And, of course, my husband is what makes everything happen. He's what holds everything together. He has been nothing but supportive through everything and has really been the one who says, 'You can do this, keep going!' That's been amazing."




Mini Pecan Tarts Recipe - Food N Service

Dec 03, 10:50PM

Pecan Tart Recipe #dessert #recipe #pecan #southern

As most of you know, I am from the deep south dirt roads of Georgia. I miss home a lot, but I am able to make a lot of great recipes that remind me of my amazing dirt roads. There's nothing better to say "I love home" than having some kind of pecan pie variation! The problem is that I can eat a whole pecan pie by myself and not share it with anyone else. So, I decided to make tarts out of them to be able to share with my friends and family!  

To help expedite the recipe, I'm going to break it down into two recipes. One for the crust that you can get from another post of mine, and then the main recipe in this post. Of course, you can use store bought crust to make life easy. I won't judge you, unless you're just being lazy to make an amazing crust! No judgement here, of course. If you would like to make your own crust, then feel free to visit my Mini Apple Dumpling recipe to grab it from. Let's move on to the base of the pecan filling recipe!

Mini Pecan Tarts Recipe

Author: David Murphy

Recipe type: Dessert

Serves: 24

  • 2 Large Eggs (lightly whipped on the side)
  • ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
  • ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon of Salted butter (room temperature)
  • 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Cup toasted & chopped pecans
  • 24 Pecan half pieces (toasted)
  1. Pre-heat oven to 375
  2. It's important to know that this is a 2 step cooking process. You will cook the tart shells at 375 until lightly brown (10-12 minutes) and then finish cooking them at 350 for approximately 10 minutes. Please be sure to give the oven time to cool down before putting tarts in for the 2nd round or they will be overcooked.
  3. In a large bowl, place lightly whipped eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla extract and mix together. If you're using a hand held mixer, mix on a low speed. You don't want to over mix the eggs.
  4. Once your mixture is blended together, add in your toasted pecan pieces.
  5. Spoon pecan mixture into cooked tart shells and then place a ½ pecan piece on each tart on top. Then you will bake for 10 minutes at 350.

3.2.1255

I hope you enjoy this recipe and my many others! What's your favorite southern dessert? I would love to know and get a chance to make one or several!

David Murphy

I enjoy teaching people how to save money from coupons, coupon codes & promo codes, share some amazing recipes I find, fill on the void uninspired DIY'er with great craft finds, and sharing my thoughts and bouts of inspiration for everyone to share. I thrive on Social Media Outlets, so you can always be sure to find me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and many others! Be sure to follow me to stay up to date!

David Murphy

David Murphy

David Murphy

David Murphy




life of a lost muse: [RECIPE] Rose Apple Pie

Dec 03, 10:27PM

I made an apple pie for Thanksgiving last week but I tried a different approach from the traditional pie that I normally do.  I was so pleased with the results!  I think the guests liked it too....there was no pie left to take home!  Below are detailed instructions on how you can make your very own Rose Apple Pie.

 

I created a printable recipe card so that you can just right click and save the recipe to print out.  Here's how my rose apple pie turned out...


What do you think?  If you like it, pin it!  Both the recipe card and the pie pictures can be pinned.  Mouse over the photo and a little menu will pop up on the left side of the photo.  Click the "P" to pin!



Dietitians Dish: Modifying beloved recipe cuts calories not taste

Dec 03, 10:07PM

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

 The previous page is sending you to

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/dec/03/gl_dietitian_dish_120413_226194/?features

.

 If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.




Cookies with Character: Day Two: Favorite Cookie Recipe and more!

Dec 03, 9:47PM

DAY TWO:

MY FAVORITE SUGAR COOKIE RECIPES AND EASY ROLLOUT METHOD!

Cookies that spread twice their size? Cookies and icing that are hard as a rock? Cookies that taste like pure sweet flour? Yep. Been there done that. Finding the right cookie dough and icing have been one of my biggest struggles since I started cookie decorating.

I began using my Mother's sugar cookie recipe. (Recipe at the end of this post) She has been making these sugar cookies since I was a kid and whenever her grandkids are around, they make them together.  This was after bath time and before bed. Late night baking runs in the family! ;)


It sure is yummy and I do use it often. However, I find the ratio of butter to flour and its need to chill, makes it a little difficult for me. When doing small batches and if you're in no hurry, its fantastic! Once you roll/cut the first time, you may need to put it back into the fridge for a while to set up a bit. Great for kids though. It is what I use with them and just let them put sprinkles on.

As I started making more and more cookies, I set out on a quest for a recipe that was easier to handle for someone like me. Since then, I have tried numerous recipes. Here are a few of my favorites.

Sweet SugarBelle's is so yummy with the added powdered sugar. This is a no chill recipe and is great for those who don't like to wait. You know who you impatient bakers are! Sweet SugarBelle's recipe can be found HERE.

The Decorated Cookie's Recipe is "shortbreadish." There is no baking powder and so there is little to no spread on these cookies. Just glorious! ;) You can find it HERE.

Lila Loa has two fantastic recipes. Both come in a CHILL AND NO CHILL version! Yay!

1. The Vanilla Variation and 2. The End-All Chocolate Roll Out Recipe. Both are truly delicious and quite honestly, I cannot make the chocolate ones without eating half the dough. So I have to limit my baking of that recipe.
Both of these can be found on LilaLoa's site HERE.

This Vanilla Variation has become my staple of late. I love how it keeps it shape and stays soft after decorating.

***These three sites are amazing sites for those just starting the cookie decorating journey! They are filled with tips, tutorials and recipes for almost anything you can imagine!***

Want to know my little easy trick for rolling out dough?

I learned this from the uber talented Jill of Jill FCS. It seriously changed my life, lol! You can find her Facebook page HERE. But warning, don't look unless you have an hour to kill. You will easily get trapped scrolling through her gorgeous cookies and cakes!!

This is how I roll out my cookie dough.

Between 2 sheets of saran wrap. I buy a large box from Sam's club for about $16. It usually lasts me 11-12 months! Yep! And I am a super crazy wrapper especially for the freezer and it lasts me that long!!


If I am not chilling the dough, I go ahead and cut out my shapes. IF not, I fold the edges of the saran wrap. Layer the "sheets" on a cutting board and stick them in the fridge. When I am ready to cut, I take out the dough about 15-30 mins before.

Then cut away! Once I have finished with one "sheet of dough," I either add it to a bowl and keep it in the fridge or just re roll until I'm done. I do this with each "sheet" of dough. Any remainder from each is then re-rolled together and cut out at the very end. The last cookie is just as tasty as the first. Also, quick, easy clean up!
* You can also use parchment paper for rolling. I have tried but it moves too much. That is what I like about the wrap.

Anyways, this is JUST what works for me!!  Oh and pardon the pictures. (It is yet another dark day here in the midwest.)

Nana's Sugar Cookie Recipe:

Cream together:
3/4 cup of Butter (salted or unsalted)
1 cup of granulated sugar

Then add:
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

Sift together:
2 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Slowly add dry ingredients into wet, blending until smooth.
Chill for 1-2 hrs until firm. Roll small amounts of dough at a time, placing it back in the fridge if it gets too soft. I tend to roll this recipe at 1/4". I find it stays a little softer that way.

Bake for about 8 mins for 375 degrees.

*Makes about 4 dozen, 3" cookies





If at any time you'd like to stop receiving these messages, just send an email to fulltextrssfeed_com_www_google_com_alerts_feeds_08265159762519898652_9204458329824401318+unsubscribe-ballom.master.master=blogger.com@mail.feed2email.net.
To stop all future emails from feed2email.net you can reply to this email with STOP in the subject line. Thanks

{ 0 Comment... Views All / Send Comment! }

Posting Komentar